Saturday, May 7, 2011

3D Shapes ~ Signs & Matching Game

My geometry unit is in full gear. I cut and laminate these small signs. Then I attach them to table groups. Students place daily work on their table's 3D shape sign. It makes collecting work and passing it out so much easier and organized. I make a few sets of them and post them on the board beside my table points, on rubbermaid drawers where I store math workplaces, to rubbermaid drawers that store writing or science folders. Everything that is "stored" is organized by table group signs. I hang large double-sided signs (print 2 of each) mounted to construction paper above each table group. My students hear me call out 3D shapes all day long as I excuse tables to line up, be seated, etc. Now my students are very proficient at naming all of their 3D shapes! At the bottom you will find a shape matching game I send home so students can study with parents. 3Dtablesignssmall
3DShapeTableSigns
3dshapes

3 comments:

  1. I love these flashcards for 3D shapes. Some of my fifth grade students don't know the names 3D shapes at the beginning of the year. I plan on using these with them next year!

    Sacha
    www.luria-learning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sacha I'm glad you can use them. I didn't make a "cone" small one yet because most of the students know that shape, but I updated the large signs with a "cone" that you could shrink down if you wanted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love you blog & the crown idea!!!!! I'm gonna barrow it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts Here