Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Handprints

This year I had my first grade students make handprints out of wonder-white clay. After the first firing, the students glazed them in the color of their choice. I sent these home in white paper lunch sacks that my students decorated with beautiful crayon designs. In addition we made a card that included a handprint-related poem. We also made long stemmed flowers for children to present to their mothers. Handprint Flowers

They had so much fun. I hope each mother out there feels truly loved this Mother's Day!

I don't have any student examples, but I had my 7 month old make a keepsake for me - it is my first official Mother's Day this weekend! :-) I hope every mother out there feels truly loved this Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts Here