Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day Activities

One of my favorite activities for the first day of school is to read The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. I found a cute Chester Raccoon printable. I've adapted her puppet as I was inspired by ideas on pinterest.

My plan is to copy the the raccoon printable on gray construction paper. Have students cut the head out and glue it to the top of the 1/2 sheet of text, and glue the tail off to the side. So the "body" of the raccoon is the paper that says ___ went to school and felt ____.



This is just one of the activities I have planned for my Kinders. I'll post more as they become ready.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute puppet to add to my files. Thank you!

    I would love for you to come and visit and maybe even follow me back! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts Here