Friday, September 2, 2011

First Day Schedule

My room is ready, and I think I am too. What a process! Today I finished the last of my to-do's (for now). I'm excited for my first day of Kindergarten with my 7 little ones. I can't wait to spend time with them. On my first day I'll have quite the diverse class: 5 languages spoken (Karen, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese, and English). You might guess, I use a lot of visuals and miming to help these students navigate through the day.

As school is getting under way I was humbled to be reminded by a parent of one of my new kiddos of what a special milestone this is for students and parents. They are trusting us with their children, often for the first time. So I'm going to keep that at the forefront of my mind - that I will care for my students with the love that they deserve and I will make sure that they feel safe and cared for. Alas, that is what I would want for my child.

Here is my schedule for the first day: First Day of School                                                                                            

Here are some daily schedule cards that were posted free online with pictures. I adapted them to fit my schedule. You can easily add times to them by using Preview, grab, screenshot - and saving the tiff. Then on Word upload the file as picture and stretch it to enlarge. Then add a text box and add you time to the cards. They were originally posted on proteacher.net. I added a couple new cards to match my schedule. The order is kind of random because the boxes were being jumpy.
2011 Schedule Cards New                                                                                            

I'm also attaching a couple of new CAFE signs I made (larger this time) and I found some great signs from proteacher.net that had the Kindergarten CAFE menu listed. I'll post these below the CAFE signs as I introduce the skills. I take no credit for these:CAFE Half Sheets
Emergent Cafe Final

I'll try to keep up the blog but who knows how busy I'll be. Enjoy your 3 day weekend teachers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you get to be my son's teacher this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited too! I can't wait to get to "really" know him.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts Here