Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fall or Winter Fun!

Shaving cream/glue snowman
I couldn't resist trying the shaving cream/glue puffy paint recipe I found on Pinterest. So, I mixed equal parts Elmer's glue with a squirt of shaving cream and mixed it with a popsicle stick in a little rubber bowl. Then I finger painted this snowman. I let it dry overnight (it took a long time to dry - at least a full day). Then I added tempera paint for the scarf, nose, and eyes/buttons. What a cool 3D effect! I think I'm going to try doing this with my Kinders later in the year (January), but it was so fun that we're going to do our December monthly calendar art using this technique. 

This snowman is dried and looks so cool! See the dimension!

Side view so you can see the raised puff!

Snowman scene (test)

This one is still wet - notice the shine. When it dries it's a smooth crust.

I know this is a little late, but in early November we worked on learning our 2D shapes. We made these little shape scarecrows. They are cookie-cutter art (which I'm not so fond of) but it was a great reading/math/art lesson and they each turned out so different. We read The Falling Leaves and the Scarecrow.

 One last note: look at the COOL big book easel I got from Donors Choose! Yay! I am so excited for my class to get this amazing gift!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Funded Donorschoose projects are the best! I love the snowmen, too. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts Here