Saturday, January 7, 2012

Let it Snow!


My class did their first art project of the year. It was Friday and I was scrambling for something "fun" to do. I liked that this snowman project integrated "shapes" too. I found the idea on pinterest from We Heart Art. I loved this lesson - they turned out so cute! And I was happy to have something "new" to look at on the bulletin board in the hall. It was an easy activity to prep.
Blue 9X12 construction paper (background)
White 9X12 construction paper (with body shape drawn/printed) cut out
Orange 4 1/2x6 construction paper (noses) kids can cut as triangles
Black rectangles for scarves (I just eyeballed it... about 2"x5" for the long piece, and 2"x3" for the short)
Variety of 1"x1" paper squares (I had baggies full of these from other projects - you could use fabric scraps, stickers, whatever you have on hand)
Black markers
Glue/Silver glitter

I made snowflakes to hang on the top of the bulletin board from this site: Marcels Kid Crafts - They turned out sooo cool! It will look like my snowmen are looking at the falling snowflakes!

4 comments:

  1. Hey I've taught grades K, 1, and 2 also! What a wonderful site! I am so glad I found it! I am your newest follower! Come see me too!
    ~jeannie~
    ­ Kindergarten Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! And Jeannie I'll be adding you soon! Your blog is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,

    I am so happy to have found your wonderful blog! I am your newest follower! Your snowmen and snowflakes are ADORABLE!

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance!

    I have TONS and TONS of *freebies*! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts Here