Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Aha! I "Idea Hacked" Calendar Numbers

I found the cutest "calendar" numbers at my local Learning Palace store. They're black circles with a ring of white polka dots and they have a white numeral on them. I designed this in power point to show you an image of them. I didn't have time to snap a picture. But this is what the numbers look like.

I planned on using them to number my classroom library book bins, but they were too small - a little bigger than a 50 cent piece. And then I had an "Ah - HA!" moment. I decided that they would be the perfect way to help my kinders line up. I busted out my packing tape and taped them down on my tile floor. I do "number spots" in my room so we don't fight over where to stand - everyone has an assigned number. I spaced them out far enough apart so that kids don't squish and bump. I also was able to form my line in a "L" shape to go around my furniture as needed.

So, if you have a spare set of calendar numbers - you can repurpose them just like this. This was so much cuter and easier than designing my own, printing, and cutting them out. They look professionally made and are really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts Here