Monday, November 26, 2012

Holidays Around the World - Ramadan / Eid

  

So, tonight I tried making some clipart for my FREE Ramadan mini-book that I created for my Holidays Around the World unit. I drew a Muslim girl who is wearing a hijab (head covering). I made two versions of the child - one holding a gift for Eid, the celebration at the end of Ramadan and one standing. You are welcome to use them in your documents to help represent your multi-cultural classroom. At my school we have a very diverse population that is under-represented in children's literature. I made these pieces of clipart to honor my diverse range of students while we learn about different family traditions that classmates celebrate. I hope you can enjoy them.

Pick up your free clipart HERE.

You can get more cultural coloring sheets at: http://www.thecolor.com/Category/Coloring/Ramadan.aspx
I credit this sight for the "eating dates" clipart.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great contribution. I'm certain that you will bring a smile to a child's heart, when she sees herself so delightfully represented.

    KUDOS!

    Debbie Clement

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really amazing and really happy to see that you are recognizing all cultures and religions in your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I am so excited I found your blog! Next week we are starting our holiday celebrations around the world! This mini book will be PERFECT! Thank you so much! Your newest follower!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog!! Come visit sometime!! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts Here