Friday, February 1, 2013

Place Value Game Freebie

I'm getting ready to teach place value and made a couple of games to play with my kindergarten class. 

Grab your freebies here: 



The first game is a simple matching game. Match the place value card (with base 10 cubes) to the numeral on the igloo card. I printed sets of these on 3 different colors of card stock so that if a stray card gets lost I can easily find the game it goes to. I store these cards in ziplock baggies and put them in a math center.


For the next game there is a little prep work. First, gather some cotton balls, and put game boards in protective sleeves or laminate them. This game re-uses the base 10 cards (print another few sets for this game or just re-use the cards from the matching game).

To play, students place cards face down in a pile. Then they draw a card from the pile, count to figure out the number it represents and then cover up the number by putting a "snowball" (cotton ball) on game board. The game is over when all of the numbers are covered.



Here is a little sweetie putting "snowballs on the game board. :)

I hope you find these games fun and useful. If you like them, stop by and leave a comment! :) Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I love the base 10 formation. My Kinders need to see sets of 10 like this, as well as, 10 frames.
    Thanks for sharing. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can use it Connie! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the up to date link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzYDl8GvkJE-S1NyQlNZaC1vUWM/edit?usp=sharing

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts Here