Friday, August 9, 2013

Lesson Plan Template Tutorial

Here is a little tutorial on how to copy formatting in Excel to make duplicates of lesson planning pages. You should have some basic Excel knowledge to do this. Excel for beginners can be really frustrating, but it can do cool things once you get the hang of it.

First you need to find and make an excel document that meets your lesson planning needs. Here is a link to grab my planning template. It is on an old post and has good tips for grabbing the fonts. I've used the same format for many years and have to just move times around from year to year. So first, on your own make some planning pages - or use my template.  See the picture below on what mine looks like. You could just print it and be done - print them on the copier double sided week after week ... OR ... you could do it digitally and type them in. If you want to take the next step and try typing the plans in jump to the bottom of the post for how to copy the formatting from week to week.

Now here's the part that frustrated me for a long time. How do you copy and paste that format so it stays the same with fonts, times, and column sizes from week to week? Well, I figured it out. I work on a MAC so I'm sure things will be different on PCs (sorry I can't help you there). You can download this tutorial I made by clicking this link: Tutorial

Once you have your planning pages, you can just click inside the boxes and type away!

I hope that helps!
Laura


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love this one week in only 2 pages deal. Better than my page-a-day Word plans! Thanks for sharing!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts Here