Friday, January 3, 2014

Stitched Frame Freebie

I've started off the new year with lots of tears and heartache. If you follow my blog you'll know that I usually stick to school things and store things - but this past week has been super hard. It has been the hardest start to the new year I've ever been through.

First, just days after Christmas - my father-in-law passed away suddenly. He had a heart attack and left us all in the blink of an eye. A few days later as my mind was swirling with this - I got news that my grandmother was ill. In just a few short days she passed away. In a matter of one week Heaven got two angels. I feel blessed to have known and spent time with these family members while they were here. My husband is the wonderful, patient man he is today because of his dad. He learned to be calm, quiet, and peaceful just like his dad. My step-dad's mom was truly an angel. She never spoke an unkind word about anyone. She was the type of person that you wished you could be - polite, Christian, patient, and gracious. As rough as this week has been, I have never felt closer to my husband. These tragedies have pushed us together to rely on one another more than ever. I have said lots of prayers and have thanked the lord for giving me time with them.

Normally I don't make new-year's resolutions, but my goal this year is to cherish each day. I think that recognizing the special things that happen each day will make me realize how amazing God is and help me realize that I am blessed with everything I'll ever need. Anything that comes my way beyond that is bonus.

I've found myself being restless, and having sleepless nights where I find myself staring blankly at the computer - getting lost online with my online group of bloggers and picking up my stylus and doodling. I've been focused on drawing in a way that has been therapeutic this last week. I know that everyone has hobbies that help take their mind off things - my husband has found peace going on long runs, and I've started drawing.

As a product of my mindless wandering I drew up a set of frames that I hope you friends out there on the web can use.

Just click on the pictures to download these. 

The first set of frames have a stitched line inside them.



The second set of frames have plain centers and a solid outline.

If you use these frames in a product that you sell - please credit me by using my blog button or linking up to my TPT store. Thanks!

In closing, I bid you to hold your dear ones tight - go visit the family members that you sometimes put off and tell the ones you love that you love them. I know that my loved ones know my love for them - and I hope that they are rejoicing in Heaven. Thanks for reading! 

5 comments:

  1. Love these! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, how sweet are you in the midst of all of this heartache to be giving away freebies on your blog?? I'm so sorry that your holidays and start to 2014 were so sorrowful. I still remember the start to 2013 because my grandma suffered a big stroke days after New Years (luckily she is still with us, but it meant many changes in her life and ours). I'll be thinking of you as we return to school next week.
    Nicole
    Teaching's a Hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura I'm so sorry for your losses, but so happy that you had the time to enjoy your family members and that you are coming through this a stronger person. Thank you for the freebies. you are awesome! ((HUGs))

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words girls. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts Here