After a year and 8 months I am thrilled to announce that I have achieved a TPT sales milestone. I have devoted so many hours of my evenings and weekends to drawing clipart, creating projects, and more! I feel so blessed to have been supported by all of my TPT supporters. My sale will run from Nov. 23rd to the 26th. Everything is 20% off!
Here is a Thanksgiving headband freebie I posted. I've been doing headbands like this for the last 10 years and finally threw out my old hand-drawn template and made the template digital. Stop by my store to get this printable for a free craft.
Are you prepared for how quickly November has come and gone? I can't believe December is almost here! To prepare - I cleaned up one of my favorite activities and made this fun Candy Kiss printable. When student finish, I usually give them a candy kiss from my chocolate stash as a special winter treat! Grab this freebie from my TPT store!
Thanks so much to everyone who has helped me on my TPT journey. I want to share a few things with you about what I have been able to do with the extra income from my TPT sales.
1. I can pay for my 4 year old to go to a private Christian preschool. My son is getting a Christian upbringing. He is surrounded by the most devoted and loving teachers I could ask for, and is thriving with a school that has amazing values. He loves going to school!
2. I can support other teachers! This part I love!!! When my son's teacher requests extra snacks for a holiday party I can help her out. For his harvest party I provided cheese, crackers, raisins, and cranberries for the classroom feast. It feels so good to be able to give back and ease the burden on a teacher who wants to make the holidays memorable for children.
3. I can support my students. My school is home to students living in extremely high poverty zones. Things that you probably would never imagine happen at my school. Basic clothing needs are among one of the greatest challenges we see on a daily basis. I was able to give my whole class brand new gloves for outdoor recess when the weather was in the low 30s. I also provided 6 refugee students with brand new coats this winter. Parents were so thankful they held my hands, bowed their heads to me, and gave me thanks. This ability to give back comes from all of you who have scooped up my clipart sets and inspired me to keep drawing. I'm not sharing this with you to pat myself on the back, but to let you know that the desire to help another human is a natural thing to do - and that without TPT I would not be able to support my students like I have been able to this year.
4. I can share my work with other teachers. I love creating and using resources. I happily share my resources with my colleagues and am able to impact the education of so many students. I love sharing, that's why I post so many freebies! :-)
5. My class can have fun! Just like in #2 above - I want to create memorable experiences for my own students. I can buy snacks for our Thanksgiving feast without counting up my pennies. I can purchase extra art supplies for projects to make our creative art experiences even more fun! Overall - my class is a better place and my students are having more fun because of extra resources.
I've also decided to have a giveaway:
Thank you for letting me share my special moments with you. When I look back on this list I know that I have been very fortunate to be able to do so many special things as an educator and as a person. My supporters are the ones who have helped make this happen and for that - I humbly thank you!